View Single Post
Old 01-28-2024, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
So exciting! After scoring front row seats to the June '84 show, we waited in back of the theater for Christine and her band to exit. After about 30 minutes, the bass player George Hawkins emerged, followed by Christine - and I think Eddy Quintela was accompanying her.

They were whisked away, but I did get to briefly say hello to Chris. She wasn't sure what to make of a screaming 13- and 14-year-old. She looked both amused and confused.
well i was another screaming 14 year old so she saw at least a couple of us on that tour lol.

ugh shame she was accompanied by Eddy lol. I remember he wore this awful red leather outfit for those shows, it was so cheesy. although the eighties weren't kind in terms of fashion...even chris wasn't looking her best in that bulky unflattering sweater...

You know, looking back now when we met george i don't think i ever asked him anything about that tour. i should have. I wonder what his take on it would have been. he was a font of information and full of great stories and memories.

--Lis