View Single Post
Old 01-29-2024, 06:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
well i was another screaming 14 year old so she saw at least a couple of us on that tour lol.

ugh shame she was accompanied by Eddy lol. I remember he wore this awful red leather outfit for those shows, it was so cheesy. although the eighties weren't kind in terms of fashion...even chris wasn't looking her best in that bulky unflattering sweater...

You know, looking back now when we met george i don't think i ever asked him anything about that tour. i should have. I wonder what his take on it would have been. he was a font of information and full of great stories and memories.

--Lis
We were all the same age in different cities and we all screamed and did the same things. Towards the end of the concert Chris really stepped on the gas. She was rocking out with You Make Loving Fun,Too Much Is Not Enough, and Dont Stop. Most everyone in the theater ran towards the pit and there was a good crowd on their feet for the rest of the show. You just saw the reactions from Chris and her band. They fed off that energy. It was surreal for me to be so close to a stage. We waved at Eddy who was on stage playing keyboards and he winked at us. During Songbird someone threw their Christine McVie tour shirt on her piano. She thanked them and said "its just my size." There was a guy with a giant white box of roses with a giant red bow. Sadly she did not see him. The guy was devastated and the crowd felt his despair. He was at the far corner of the stage. A roadie came out and grabbed the box so I assume she did get them.