View Single Post
Old 01-31-2024, 08:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I would have to dig out my VHS tape but my memory is also the 2 singles were not shown in the Country Club concert. However the Country Club concert that showed up on youtube many years later features Love Will Show Us How live in concert. Maybe its there but my memory is it was not there. Got A Hold On Me was most likey performed but they show the video instead.
Here is the Country Club concert and it opens with Love Will Show Us How. Did anyone attend this show or know anyone that did? Unlike you spoiled kids, we did not have MTV or a VCR in 1984. I remember going to video stores and holding the laser disc or VHS tape in my hands and dream of watching it. When I got my first computer in 1999, this VHS tape was my first purchase off Ebay. I had to wait 16 bloody years to see it. For the 40th anniversary I would love for her Entertainment Tonight segment make it to youtube. When her tour started in 1984 E.T. made it the lead feature on their program. They showed parts of her in concert and interviews. Chris had flowers on her mic like the Mirage show. She was also performing live with that side pony tail that she had for promo photos. Clearly they were spicing things up for her big E.T. segment. Everything else shows up on youtube except this.

Her band is so good that you would almost think she is lip syncing the song because it sounds exactly like the record. But its truly a live version because it has an extended ending and does not fade out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDQ_TrZPwis

Last edited by Macfan4life; 01-31-2024 at 09:32 AM..