View Single Post
Old 06-02-2016, 08:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
I overcame my initial reluctance and emailed Jeremy Spencer regarding this, just on the off-chance that he might remember something. I had a lovely reply from him, but sadly he can't help us on this one. As his only involvement with TPO was that haunting bit of piano on Oh Well Part 2 , I didn't honestly expect him to know anything about it.

My thanks to Jeremy for his time and reply, though.

So I don't know where to go from here. I noticed that Martin Celmins, who wrote Peter Green's biography is on linkedin and there's the Peter Green and Friends facebook page.

Maybe one day one of us will be listening randomly to Radio 3 or Classic FM and we'll hear the passage identified in all its glory..
Thanks for giving this a try, Mr Scarrott! I did pose the question on the "Then Play On ... Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac" Facebook page shortly after it came up here, but no one is any closer to an answer there.

By the way, Mike Vernon is a member of that Facebook group and was one of many who replied to my question there. In response to another comment, I'd already mentioned that Mike Vernon was no longer producing the band at that time and that engineer Martin Birch might have the best recollection, and Mike Vernon agreed with that. But no one seemed to know how to get in touch with Martin Birch, so no luck proceeding in that direction.

I think until anyone can show otherwise, my best guess is that that portion of "Madge" was an original piece.