View Single Post
Old 02-11-2004, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

OK everyone. I've got a copy of the San Bernadino show on disc (thought I had it but I just located it last night). Just listened to it again this morning. This was the first show from Peter Green's brief return to the group, when he joined Mick, John, Danny, & Christine to finish up their US tour after Jeremy's sudden departure. Sound quality is quite good overall, I'm guessing the original was from a soundboard recording, or else a very good audience recording.

The track listing is as macfan57 noted. Some off-key harmony singing from Christine on "Station Man"! Mostly pretty straightforward renditions of the songs, except on "Tell Me All The Things You Do" where the band extends the song into a "Madge"-style jam (cut off at the end). That's the only portion where Peter plays any lead guitar, at least as far as I can tell. There's a very nice wah-wah guitar part in there that sounds like Peter.

ChiliD, I've read elsewhere that the long "Black Magic Woman" jam was only at their final show of the tour - don't know whether or not that's true. Sounds like you (and no doubt many other people) have found the same thing that I have, though - that Mick's book conflicts with too many other accounts of various events to be considered very reliable.

Anyway, what I'd like to do is to start a vine to pass this recording on to people here who would like to hear it. I've burned a copy of my disc and I will send it on to the first person who contacts me by by email. That person then agress to burn a copy, post a note on the board here, and then pass along the original disc to the first person who contacts them. That way, everyone who wants a copy will eventually be able to get one. I'll post a note on the board when I receive an email to let everyone know that I've got someone to send the disc to. Hope that sounds ok.