View Single Post
Old 01-22-2024, 10:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
I think Lindsey was watching what he said. He probably received some sort of threatening letter from Irving after that last round of comments that were made.

Lindsey did spend a ton of time working on Christine's songs, especially for Tango. The majority of the time working on that album was spent on his and Christine's songs. I've always thought he rightfully deserved the title of "The Architect of Fleetwood Mac" that is often given to him. It's pretty clear that the only sense of musical direction the rest of them had for any given project was purely "success" without any vision/point of view of what that means. If you took the songs from Tusk and undid all of the unique things that Lindsey added to the production - I think it would have been an incredibly boring album.

Christine was a master at writing the perfect pop tune, all on her own without any help from a writing perspective, that's for sure. I think Lindsey had a greater sense of vision for projects as a whole that the rest of the band never really had.
Lindsey is absolutely to blame for their mega success. His vision and craft IS what made them so radio friendly. They'd be mostly forgotten by now, if it weren't for him.