View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 03:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
None of this quite adds up to me. If you want to talk animosity among former bandmates (also involving a lawsuit as a matter of fact), look no further than Blondie. There is no love lost among those folks, but all members from the band's first run (1975-1982) were inducted. The ousted members wanted to perform at the ceremony and created an awkward moment by making a request during the acceptance speeches. Debbie Harry shut them down pretty quickly, and only current members performed. It was the talk of that year's ceremony.

My point is, Debbie Harry had no control over who was inducted, only who she performed with. So while someone could probably threaten, "If he's on stage, I won't be" it still doesn't seem like anyone would be denied the actual induction. How could the RRHOF gave the bands control over those types of decisions and maintain any type of credibility?
This just made me think of when Traffic were being inducted. As we know Dave Mason didn't get along with Winwood but they were both there and although Mason & Winwood did the hug thing, it sounds like (from DM's website anyway, due to SW not letting him in to the Traffic performance at the show, they just did the Feelin' Alright thing later, probably the hall's way of saying "we need DM there but we'll do it (this way) so you don't have to play with him) Steve has gone back to not communicating with Dave so this must have been something the Hall wanted? Just a thought.

John