View Single Post
Old 01-21-2024, 06:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
wow. i have several original posters still hanging up and some are rolled and stored. i used to cut out the tiny HBO concert ads also!! to this day, if anything about FM appears in print, my mother will cut and save for me I cannot bring myself to toss anything. the only stuff i trashed were awful b/w photocopies of color pics that i made in the library when I was 13...but other than that i have a cabinet and walk in closet full of FM stuff. it's crazy.

My daughter has said, 'you know, i really don't want all this sh*t when you die' but i told her she could make some $ off it if she sells in the right forums!

--Lis
Ha ha. I also cut out those tiny HBO photos for the concert. Back in the day HBO would have those monthly magazines like TV guides for what was coming on HBO that month. I've told this story before but I actually wrote a 2 page letter to HBO asking them to re-air the Mirage concert. HBO programming executive actually wrote me back. It was a puff letter stating they knew the concert was popular and that it was possible for it to air again someday in the future. It never happened. Gosh it would be hysterical if I had copy of that letter today. But please let me put it in perspective. We had no VCR to tape it nor rent it from the video store. We did not even have MTV. So my letter was more a cry for help
Me, you and jbrownsjr were all 14 seeing Christine McVie on her solo tour in different cities. How many 14 year olds did that. We were far ahead of our time!