View Single Post
Old 11-30-2014, 05:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Nov 29 2014 18:02:55

By Michael Granberry The Dallas Morning News
Nov. 29--For those of a certain age, Fleetwood Mac was an irresistible band. In 1977, its album Rumours lingered at No. 1 on the Top 40 charts for more than seven months. Founded in London in 1967, the band bears the name of two original members, drummer Mick Fleetwood and John McVie.

Now 67, Fleetwood and his band mates -- McVie, Lindsey Buckingham, Christine McVie and Stevie Nicks -- will launch a national tour in February. Before that, Fleetwood has an art show in Dallas.

Like rocker Bryan Adams, who convened an arresting exhibition of photography at the Goss-Michael Foundation awhile back, Fleetwood is also a photographer. His "Reflections: The Mick Fleetwood Collection" will be Dec. 11 through Dec. 13 at Samuel Lynne Galleries on Dragon Street in the Dallas Design District. Fleetwood will meet with VIP guests on the 13th.

"When I take a photograph, I am primarily trying to capture a feel and moment, and I frame the photograph in such a way to convey it," Fleetwood says in a prepared statement. "As music has thus far defined my career, this collection of my work titled 'Reflections' defines my thoughts through my art.

"Each one of the works housed in this collection has a distinct and personal story, one that reflects my life, my roots, my journey and my passions ... who I was and who I am."

If you can't make it to Paris or to Fleetwood's London at the moment, you can get a heady taste of both at two area shows.