View Single Post
Old 11-30-2014, 05:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
When Time works, it works surprisingly well, which is more than I can say for Behind the Mask.

I remember first hearing it and thinking Christine sounded fantastic vocally. I just couldn't stand the keyboards she chose to use. What's wrong with an acoustic piano and a Hammond B3? Or any other number of more professional sounding synthesizers?

I Got It In for You is a great tune, as are Nothing Without You, Winds of Change, and Talking to My Heart.
I think the majority of the songs on Time are decent songs. The overall sound is a bit 'light' though. Everyone goes on about how Stevie needs Lindsey's production touch- I think the same can equally be said of Christine's material. Her songs on Time are good and could have possibly appeared on any of the previous albums. Perhaps if she'd had Lindsey's involvement they would have been elevated to another level. The same can be said of her contributions to Behind The Mask and her solo albums- all decent songs that are just a bit short of what they could have been.