View Single Post
Old 01-20-2017, 05:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
if you actually read what i wrote, you'd know that's completely incorrect (in this specific case!).
I read exactly what you wrote and I stand by what I said - I do not see where you get it from that she comes across as being fully convinced that she's just a good as Dylan. What is the big problem with her mentioning Bob Dylan, and using him as an example to make a very good point to Lindsey, who was possibly being quite aggravating.

Quote:
completely agree. he was politely pointing it out, and she said no and why. if it stopped there it would be a completely normal exchange. Bob Dylan self-comparison was the part that made it over the top. Bob Dylan is a Nobel prize winning poet. deservedly so, however controversial that may be. in that DR exchange, Stevie comes across as being fully convinced that she's just as good as Dylan. and that's why Lindsey was biting his tongue after she said that. to his credit, he didn't react and let it drop.

Quote:
it's funny watching these threads, going from rational and levelled discussion to name calling, to stevie-police coming out in full force!
yes because using the term stevie-police is very rational and level headed