View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 08:21 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Re Teenage Darlin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by BklynBlue View Post
Hello Jeremy,

I realize the unfairness in asking you to recall events of forty years earlier, but I was curious if you have any recollection of approximately when 'Teenage Darlin'' was added to the set lists?

The first available full performance of the number currently available is from a January 1970 show at the Fillmore West -

However (there is always an however...), during a show from Den Haag from February 28th 1969, (it is in circulation as being from April of that year but that is incorrect), after a terrific version of 'Blue Suede Shoes', John McVie seems to be playing the bass line of 'Teenage Darling' as the audience wildly applauds that last number.

'Teenage Darling' does not get played, the next song is 'Twist and Shout', (which also remains unheard again until that same 1970 show at the Fillmore)

Would you remember if 'Teenage Darling' was being played as early as February of '69, or was it not introduced until much later?

Again, perfectly understandable if you do not remember - just an itch I was hoping you might be able to scratch

thanks
I could have played this number as early as February 69. Depends on when my first solo album was released. I forget exactly. I would have performed it after that.