View Single Post
Old 07-31-2015, 07:47 PM
Ledgie

I still can't help but feel a new album including Ms Nicks will never materialize. It is sad that as a writer she seems content to let her Tango In The Night songs be her contribution to the final album attributed to the five of them. More about that in a minute. I'm going to make a guess that the songs already in development by the others will be scattered between another compilation or box set In 2017, and solo releases from Lindsey Buckingham and possibly Christine McVie. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a Buckingham/McVie album come out of this as well. At this point, I can't see Mick allowing an album not featuring Stevie Nicks in some capacity to come out under the Fleetwood Mac name. Although, I could see Lindsey being all for it just to spite Stevie. I couldn't care less if they tour extensively ever again. All I want is a final collection of songs and performances worthy of this classic lineup. For me, Tango In The Night is not that album. It has its moments Everywhere and Little Lies are gorgeous despite their sickeningly sweet 80s production. At least they still sounded like a band playing together on most of Mirage. I want that sound again for one last time. It's a shame Christine McVie wasn't involved as a full member on Say You Will. Oh what might have been.

Last edited by Iamwilliame; 07-31-2015 at 07:52 PM..