View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 11:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default 1967 Bluesbreakers live recording will be available soon

I got some good news about the Peter Green-era Bluesbreakers recordings that Tom Huissen made back in 1967. For those who don't know, Tom is from the Netherlands, and has been around the blues scene in the UK and Europe for many years. He has a band called John the Revelator, which was inspired by early Fleetwood Mac and formed in the late '60s.

As some of you already know - it's been discussed here on the Ledge - Tom recorded five Bluesbreakers shows during the first half of 1967. He has just sent out word that he will be releasing them one at a time. The first show to be released is from the Marquee in London, from 27 April 1967. I've copied the information he sent about the show and about obtaining it as a bonus for ordering the latest John the Revelator CD - see the info below.

I think pretty much everyone I've run across here on the Ledge is in agreement that we should not copy or trade recordings that are currently available, only bootlegs and out of print music - I think it's worth keeping this in mind here since Tom is now making these rare recordings available. I have no commercial interest in any of this, just passing along the information I've received to everyone here.

This looks like some exciting news - here's the information sent by Tom:

In the past you showed interest in the Peter Green tapes I made in 1967.
I got good news for you.
The time has come that all the Peter Green fans in the world can enjoy the tapes.

I don't want it to be a commercial project.
So the tapes are only for personal use and not for commercial use.
I will release the tapes step by step.
I will start with the Marquee tapes (04-27-1967).

Marquee 27-04-1967
1. Talk to your daughter (Lenoir) 2:59
2. Tears in my eyes (Mayall) 7:30
3. Streamline (Mayall) 4:00
4. The Stumble (F.King) 6:43
5. So many roads (Paul) 8:18
6. Riding on the L&N (Hampton/Burley) 2:21
7. Chicago line (Mayall) 6:53
8. Your funeral my trial (Williamson) 5:21
9. Four million nobs (Green) 6:36
10. Double trouble (Rush) 6:37
Total time: 57:18

On our website www.johntherevelator.nl you find more information on the tapes (as you are well aware).

I will use the infrastructure of my band to make the tapes available for all the fans.
http://johntherevelator.bandcamp.com/

From Wednesday the 21st of September the Marquee tapes are available in the following fashion:
- fans who buy the latest album ‘ Underway’ of John the Revelator, the physical digipack, get an immediate free download not only of the album 'Underway' but as a bonus they also get an immediate free download of The Marquee tapes in their choice of 320k mp3, FLAC, or just about any other format they could possibly desire. The free download of the Marquee tapes include booklet, pictures and sleeve notes.

- The advantage of using our bandcamp website is that this website automatically transfers the acquired money in your own currency.

- The price of the physical digipack album 'Underway' is € 15,00 plus shipping costs.

I hope this arrangement will please you.