View Single Post
Old 03-12-2024, 10:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I wish we could have a panel discussion on this song alone and bring Bob and Chris in for it. The musical track (no singing) is one of the happiest tracks the Mac has ever recorded. Its bouncy heaven and puts you in a good mood. It makes you want to sing along. The stripped down acoustic with only singing brings out a more somber Chris even though the singing is the same.
Here is what I want to know. Did Chris bring a demo and she or the band say "we dont want to have another Why song so lets do something upbeat" OR did the band already have this track and Chris put her lyrics or demo to it. I know music arrangement can change the dynamic of a song. This is a perfect example. Does anyone think the inspiration to Why is also the inspiration to this song? Is this why she plays the intro to this song before doing Why in concert in 1974?
Was it done on purpose to put a extremely happy upbeat musical track to a somber broken heart song by Chris?