View Single Post
Old 07-30-2015, 05:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
If Stevie stays in a "Say You Won't" mood, a Nicks-free album is still a viable option. "Say You Will" was a Christine McVie-free album. Though I appreciate that album for what it is, I think a Buckingham/McVie combo would create a lively, distinct vibe.

But being that this is likely Fleetwood Mac's last album, I still find it unsettling and somewhat shameful, but not surprising, that Stevie is leaving them hanging. Rock on hypocrite Cash Queen. The band is a hindrance, a burden, a barrier to her precious freedom -- except when there's the incentive of big money on a world tour.

In the recording studio, all the heavy lifting is done by Lindsey and the rest of the musicians in the band. They put in the most time and sweat equity. The work is demanding, but it's the least demanding for Stevie. It's bothersome she's so carelessly ambivalent about the historic implications of backing out of the band's finale. Where is her sense of gratitude? If she doesn't concede, it's something she will surely regret in her latter years.
The only reason she did the tour was because of Christine. She doesn't need the money. She is also tired.