View Single Post
Old 12-30-2022, 01:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I found my Tusk tour book a few months ago. There had been a flood about 18 months ago, and I thought the box it was in was untouched. I was wrong. Half of the pages were glued together. I still couldn't bear to throw it out.
I went on Ebay and the books I have sell around $25.00 average. Mine are pretty mint and there were some asking around $40. IMHO its not worth selling them. A few years ago I went to my parents house and took back with me a bunch of old classic posters from the 70s. All out of print and very rare. I had a Stevie Nicks poster made in England from the Tusk tour. I sold it on Ebay and told the story how I got it. There was a record shop that always had it on their wall. One day in the 80s I asked to buy it and they sold it to me. I did not get much for the posters and I screwed myself because I charged so little for shipping that I ended up with just a few dollars. I went and got these cardboard cannisters to protect them in shipping. Cost me a fortune to ship because I was a seller who cared. I would rather give them to someone who still collects stuff.

Back to the concert: I just remembered another memory. I smoked a joint with a girl in my dad's car in the parking lot of the Civic Arena . I guess I was stoned because when Stevie introduced Rick Vito, I thought she messed up and introduced Billy instead. I think I had the names mixed up or something