View Single Post
Old 02-12-2004, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by chiliD
From everything I've read, they never did play as a quartet in those years...from the time of Jeremy's disappearance til Peter Green re-joined to finish that tour, the shows were cancelled/postponed.

COULD they have played San Bernardino BEFORE Jeremy went on his bookstore hike the day of their Whiskey-A-Go-Go gig?
From the Penguin "Tourbook" concert schedule for '71, the San Bernadino show was after Jeremy left the band, and the first show where Peter joined them (this matches the account I've read in Martin Celmins' book that the San Bernadino show was Peter's first one back with the band). And since Christine sings Jeremy's vocal part on "Purple Dancer" that certainly seems to confirm that Jeremy was already gone.

When did Bob Welch join the group? Did he tour with them later in '71? If that's the case, then I suppose this show could be from that period. Or did they hire another guitarist for live dates after Peter's brief time with them in '71 but before Bob joined? Although I'm pretty sure that there are two guitar players, it's tough to tell whether the one other than Danny could be Peter, Bob, or ??, since Danny plays nearly all of the lead guitar on the recording I have.