View Single Post
Old 02-15-2004, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mario,

Thanks for your detailed info. I'm still not convinced that Peter isn't playing on that show (which may or may not be San Bernadino).

I don't feel that the various books and other written sources on this period are reliable. Things were written so long after the events in question that memories may not be accurate. Also, some of the people who wrote these things may have had their own agendas to push. I'm not sure I believe Peter was willing to join the band for that tour only if they played "Black Magic Woman" plus some jamming, but I wasn't there so I may be completely wrong on that.

I'm basing my belief on what I hear on the show. The most compelling evidence to me is that Christine is singing the part of "Purple Dancer" that Jeremy sings on the studio version. Unless Jeremy had a bad voice that night and couldn't sing, it seems like that would indicate that he had already left the band.

Are there any recordings of shows from late '70 or early '71 before Jeremy left? I don't know of any, but it would be wonderful to hear a show that we know for sure is from that period.

Anyway, it's great to have this discussion going. I doubt that any of us will be able to "prove" who's playing on that show or even the date and location, but it's fun to talk about it.