View Single Post
Old 02-16-2004, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

After another listen last night with headphones, I have to agree that it's Peter on second guitar. As chiliD notes, he's just noodling around for much of the time, but as with the guitar fills on "Dragonfly", there's some pretty nice noodling there! To my ears the most structured song, at least in terms of the second guitar part, is "Purple Dancer", but even that part does't seem too complex. All in all, it sounds like what you'd expect to hear from someone joining the band on short notice and with minimal rehearsal time. Plus the guitar playing just doesn't sound like either Jeremy or Bob to me, and parts of it do sound like Peter.

My best guess is that it is Peter, it is San Bernadino, but that the date is incorrect and is actually mid-February. I went back and checked disc trading lists I've gotten from various traders and I see that this show is actually dated February19th on one of the lists. I had it listed as March 24th since that date seems to be more common, but it may well be wrong. It would answer some of our questions if there was a way to check old concert dates. I suppose if there's anyone in the San Bernadino area, they could check old newspapers at the library.