View Single Post
Old 01-30-2024, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 View Post
Yeah, I'm old enough to remember those days. I can't find it, but I had a cassette with an interview with Mick and John from a local radio station. It was the Rumours tour and the band postponed their Charlotte show because Stevie had fallen asleep (passed out ) with her contacts in and damaged her eyes. Mick and John were already in town and wanted to let fans know that the show would be rescheduled. Later, I found out that it happened days earlier and Stevie was suppose to wear badges on her eyes, but decided to remove them for the show the night before (Greensboro, I think) and damaged her eyes more.

To satisfy fans, the same station played one of those King Biscuit radio concerts. which I recorded on the same tape. I played that show to death! It was the first time I heard Rhiannon live and I was HOOKED! The was start of my super fandom. Unfortunately, I was too young to figure out how to get tickets to the rescheduled show, but I would have loved to have been there.
So many good stories out there that I've never heard. Thanks for that!