Thread: Law and Order
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2023, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Lindsey discusses the title in his 1981 Innerview with Jim Ladd. I’m going by memory here because I haven’t heard that thing in about thirty years. The idea of law and order refers to the personal decisions an artist makes to advance or evolve with a sense of purpose and commitment — to forging new artistic paths, to demonstrating behavior that an artist can be proud of (he contrasts his own public persona with that of Chrissie Hynde, who he feels represents a certain recklessness and don’t-give-a-f*ck attitude about her art), and to fulfilling one’s responsibilities (probably referring to his production work for Fleetwood Mac).

He makes his famous dictum during this interview: The sort of behavior that is normal and expected from a rock star would be grounds for committal from a bank teller.

Edit: He also tells Jim why the lyrics for “Shadow of the West” weren’t included on the lyric sleeve. Compositor/printer error!
I always thought it was after the show. (joking)