View Single Post
Old 02-01-2024, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Trouble in Shangri-La sold pretty well, and got some of her best reviews since Bella Donna, so I think she was pleased with that album. As for 24 Karat Gold, I don’t think she phoned it in vocally, I think that’s just how she sounds now. I read she released 24 KG as a tribute to her mother, so I really don’t think think she would have phoned it in for that reason. It’s a no frills album and sounds just like what it was- a quickly recorded album she wanted to get out as soon as possible. But I don’t think the quality of the album was because she phoned it in. I think it was the best she could do.
But is not "quickly recording an album to get it out ASAP" by definition sort of phoning it in? We can argue over vocals. But the album tracks are pretty much identical to the demos. All The Beautiful Worlds became All The Horrible Worlds.
There are some great songs on it but they are not executed musically or vocally which you can say was "phoned in."
On the contrary nothing on Buckingham/McVie was even remotely "phoned in."