View Single Post
Old 07-13-2015, 03:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't know about all the cancelled shows, but I do know that her Bay Area show was cancelled because I was So Excited to see it and was really sad when it was cancelled. I'm guessing it was towards the end of the tour and that the whole end of the tour, and not just certain venues, were cancelled. I'm 99% sure that the show was scheduled for the Concord Pavilion (it's now got a corporate name and there are far fewer shows there than there were in the 1980's and '90's). It was either that or the Shoreline in Mountain View, but I'm pretty sure it was at the Concord Pavilion. That venue is a medium sized out door arena. One reason for the poor ticket sales might have been that at that time there were doing this really stupid ticket sales thing where you had to subscribe to a series of tickets to get the best seats. That basically meant buying tickets for shows that you didn't want to go to and then either eating those tickets or trying to sell them (and without the internet, that wasn't easy). I was a college student at the time with not a lot of disposable income, and I remember trying to think of what I was going to do, and then hearing that it has been cancelled and being in part relieved that I wouldn't have to think about it.

Kevin

Last edited by pattyfan; 07-13-2015 at 03:42 PM..