View Single Post
Old 07-19-2015, 07:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcomechris View Post
Chris played concerts to people from 3,000 to about 9,000 during her 1984 solo tour. Interesting fact: Billy Burnette toured with her, that means he worked with

Lindsey Buckingham - SNL 1982
Stevie Nicks - Are You Mine? Duet 1984
Christine McVie - 1984 Solo Album and In The Meantime
John McVie - Gotta Band
Mick Fleetwood - The Zoo
Bekka Bramlett - Bekka & Billy
Rick Vito - Solo tours (as a guest)

He might have worked with other people from FM also, but that is all I can think of right now.
Billy never toured with Christine. He worked on her album and did the Country Club show in December 1983. He did not do the tour. Todd Sharpe and Steven Breitman (spelling) were the guitarists on the tour.

The venues may have held thousands but unfortunately the tour did not fill those venues. The article that is linked to this thread has a press article about her opening night in Fresno that only attracted 800 people. Fleetwood Mac has their peak audiences in LA and San Francisco and she only had 800 in Fresno. I was in shock when there were only about 200 in Pittsburgh. The bootleg of Milwaukee the audience is silent which makes Chris say....."its so quiet here."
This topic always strikes a nerve with me even as a teenager in 1984. I don't understand where Mac fans went because they sure were not loyal to Chris. She sang some of the biggest hits of the 70s and 80s and had a hit solo album with a top 10 single and another one in the top 40. 2 videos on MTV with heavy rotation, appearing on Solid Gold and American Bandstand. But Mac fans never supported Chris on her tour. Can you imagine the HUGE hit Hold me from 1982 followed by the top 10 hit Got A Hold on Me in concert? What a concert!
Sadly Lindsey and Mick never attracted huge crowds solo either. But Chris sung most of the hits so she should have been a much bigger draw.

*****sorry, just had to vent......off the soap box now *****