View Single Post
Old 03-24-2024, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Hmmmm…..sorry guys. I’m really not convinced by this. I’ve seen Rumours of Fleetwood Mac and really enjoyed their show. It was slick.
I am aware they tour all over the world. Their website has dates in the UK, US and Europe. But none of those dates conflict. I know they have an arrangement with Fleetwood Bac to split their uk touring so neither band are doing uk shows at the same time.
I can only see one website and only one band on that website. I just think they are very active and tour all over. Just one band I really think.
I thought exactly as you a few weeks ago which is why I started that other thread. I assumed there was one Rumours band who probably trademarked the band name. But when the Norwegian Prima debuted it announced Rumours as part of their entertainment lineup. I thought thats cool. Then the Norwegian Viva debuted and also had a Rumours band. Rumours is on other NCL ships too. This is why I started the other thread asking how many of them exist and how they profit the Mick and the band. Cruise line entertainment is HUGE bucks. The cruise line buys the rights to a production Broadway shows how like Hairspray, Beetlejuice, Legally Blonde, etc. Thats huge dollars right there. Then they have to pay the cast and pay for training for the performers. The contract runs several years. Clearly this Rumours contract with NCL is huge and makes money off the likeness of Fleetwood Mac. These bands may not have even existed and someone (the cruise line, or an agent for Fleetwood Mac) went and developed several more Rumours bands to perform on their ships. We will never know how much Mick or the rest of the band got paid. But its impossible for me to believe Mick or agents for the band were not involved in such a lucrative deal. But we all cant help be curious.