View Single Post
Old 01-30-2015, 02:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
I agree.I never seen so much hatred on this board "I know it sound to blunt" about Stevie with this album issue.
I defended Stevie's non-committal stance early in the tour because, although 24KG is still clearly a contractual obligation rush job, she didn't want to alienate the label by not doing any promotion for it. Fleetwood Mac could have helped her out more. Having something like "Lady" and/or "Twisted" in the set and selling/promoting 24KG at shows would have been a nice gesture that probably would have made Stevie more enthusiastic about doing more with Fleetwood Mac in the future.

However, it's clear that the promotion phase for 24KG is pretty much over. It's basically sold what it's going to sell. She still has yet to publicly commit to another Fleetwood Mac album, and it's time.

My biggest issue with Stevie is her attitude, at least how it comes across in the two recent interviews. She appears to be very stand-offish. Even though it wasn't directed at the band, the whole "nobody tells me what to do" attitude, the fact she felt compelled to mentioned that Waddy thought it was funny that the RS thing would piss the band off, and constantly bringing up the tensions between her and Lindsey probably best describes what I'm talking about. It all paints a picture that she's the primary source of dysfunction within the band, and is kind of getting off on it. She's comes off as unhappy and kind of enjoys making everyone else unhappy, too.

THE Stephen Hopkins