View Single Post
Old 01-30-2015, 05:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

My biggest issue with Stevie is her attitude, at least how it comes across in the two recent interviews. She appears to be very stand-offish. Even though it wasn't directed at the band, the whole "nobody tells me what to do" attitude, the fact she felt compelled to mentioned that Waddy thought it was funny that the RS thing would piss the band off, and constantly bringing up the tensions between her and Lindsey probably best describes what I'm talking about. It all paints a picture that she's the primary source of dysfunction within the band, and is kind of getting off on it. She's comes off as unhappy and kind of enjoys making everyone else unhappy, too.
Your perspective is sadly astute. Stevie thrives on drama, and most of it is negative. Poor Stevie; she's so oppressed! She pathologically references Lindsey, perpetuating a tiresome, prolonged love/hate saga. Lindsey, having evolved and moved on, with his own family (he's family man), likely doesn't have a sliver of the emotional/sentimental investment that Stevie holds on to. That tension is hers alone. It seems so juvenile for Waddy or Stevie to think Fleetwood Mac would be pissed off about the Rolling Stone cover, as if they are jealous children. At this point, I don't think they give a sheet about that, though they might a little peeved about her inexplicable expressions of indecision about the pending album.

She hopped on a year long tour, but she takes issue with a month or two to contribute this historic band's final album? This is very bad timing for selfish diva behavior. One would think she would be less circumspect, and naturally want to show some gratitude for the band that made her rich and famous -- the last opportunity to collaborate and make new music with Christine; the final artifact for fans who have followed them for over forty years.

But she's not like other people, she does what she wants to.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 01-30-2015 at 06:21 AM..