View Single Post
Old 09-20-2008, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lyrically, other than DYMM, I don't think the lyrics are inferior to the UTS album's. I think they are great, often paired with a vocal that makes them mean even more.

For instance, I love the little turn in Treason, when he says I searched for you behind garden walls and then he turns it around and says he saw her face, full of grace, searching for him. It's like, SOB. What a thoughtful way to describe people who have missed each other and been pained in their separation, to finally come together.

Also, I think we are all thrown for a loop by the Wait for You lyrics, because Lindsey just mumbled his way through the leaked version of GOS and we really had no idea what he was saying until now. But the way it's sung, I totally buy "I'm going to wait for you" as the words, because the urgent need in his voice during that refrain sounds like someone who is going to wait, even if he should walk away. Yeah, every bone has been broken, that's all the more reason to keep fighting, because if you stop, it will make all the suffering that's gone before meaningless.

So, even when the words are basic, like "I'm going to wait for you" within the performance of the songs, they gain in depth.

Michele