View Single Post
Old 04-16-2024, 07:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
These statements don't mean anything to me. I want the juicy stuff like WHO Fleetwood Mac auditioned but did not make the cut. How did Billy know about Lindsey's firing before it was public?
It's just my opinion but I believe the Mac would not hire Billy without Rick. That would be such an odd thing to do. Stevie already hired Mike so that only left room for 1 replacement. Billy knew the songs, so I want details!!!!
Do we have an actual list of guitarists who were "auditioned" as Lindsey's replacement?

Neil Finn, Mike Campbell, John Paul White? Are there any other names?

Do we have confirmation whether or not Billy "been there/done that" Burnett was flown to Hawaii to also "audition"?

Also - it's laughable that Billy Burnett would think, even for a moment, that he would be considered as the replacement. It's likened to Van Halen reforming and calling back Gary Cherone to fill the lead singer spot.

In my opinion, there was no need to audition anyone - Mike Campbell already had the job. Next, since Mike Campbell doesn't sing well, the band needed a second guitarist to function as a vocalist. Enter Neil Finn.

Last edited by WatchChain; 04-16-2024 at 07:47 PM..