View Single Post
Old 01-20-2023, 10:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I had time this morning so I listened to both. I still cant decide. I hate to cop out but I like the live versions better with Chris at the Roxy (1981) and the radio concert (1974).

I love Lindsey's guitar in the beginning and acoustic on the solo version. I miss the second verse though. I like Mick's drumming on the solo version better.
I love hearing Chris more on the Mac version. We also get more of her organ playing.

It's really a coin flip. I would probably go with the Mac version as my favorite. The guitar/organ solo just has that wild early 70s sound that I love. I also like the song having a second verse. The solo version is beautiful. But the organic trippy early 70s sound just moves me more. I just voted and the Mac version is winning!

I know why Homer likes the solo version better. She hates Christine's back up because they are not in sync Bob. IMHO that is part of the appeal of the song to me. She also gets into adult contemporary more.

Yes I know you
though we've been out of touch
Girl, from a production standpoint, the out of sync vocals on the chorus drive me up the wall.

You ain't wrong. I mean, usually you are, but even a blind pig finds an acorn every once in a while.