View Single Post
Old 03-11-2012, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksfan2000 View Post
Thanks, Vinnie - I have no doubt at all that some of these shows lasted late into the night or early morning, and it's quite possible that Fleetwood Mac may have played a very long show there...whether or not they played a single four-hour jam.

But you've also pointed out another reason to be skeptical of Clifford Davis' account of that show as written in Bob Brunning's book. Davis claimed that Bill Graham told him to get the band offstage just after midnight. Does that make any sense at all? After all, the Fillmore was Graham's own venue - why would he want the band off the stage if they wanted to continue and so did the audience? And according to Davis, he convinced Graham to let the show go on. If that scenario had indeed happened, can you imagine Davis - or any band manager for that matter - succeeding in telling Bill Graham what to do in his own venue? Sounds like a tall tale to me.

Again, that doesn't mean a four-hour jam didn't happen...but it casts a good deal of doubt upon the source of the story. I guess I will remain skeptical until I see another independent source on this event taking place.
next time there is a q&a with christine, john, pete, danny, nigel w or mick somebody should ask about this!

z