Thread: One More Night
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2024, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Yes, the mystery is HOW they decided the track listing. Though not so mysterious is WHO. According to Mick he was the only one who at the end of Tusk tour he "strongly felt there had to be a live document of the band at this point". And "both John McVie and Lindsey Buckingham thought it was a negative move". So probably he was the one who together with the record company(?) define the track listing. Probably he wanted to show it as a last tour product, so they described the songs with Tusk tour datyes, but to me it's a mystery why they included sound check or rehearsal tracks, and how the rest of the band participated in the final decision knowing some data was false.
I dont think the tracking is mysterious. The band opened with Monday Morning on the Rumours tour and with Say You Love me on another leg. So IMHO we get both openers to open the album.
Why they included a barely audible Landslide always interested me. It is a good eclectic mix of the band when they were at their best 1977 to 1980. I love it because it showcases the band as a rock band which the band shifted gears for Tusk. They did not include the Tusk singles except for Sara is another oddity. I think most would like Think About Me over Not That Funny. I am thankful Lindsey's cover of Oh Well was captured and released. IMHO its the best version. I think everyone was stoned and did not care that in 25 years the internet would be invented and people found out what they alleged to be recorded when and where was not true. Over My Head is another song from the Rumours or earlier tour. It was never performed on the Tusk tour.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 03-10-2024 at 12:43 PM..