Thread: One More Night
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2024, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 View Post
Back in the day there was an industry magazine called Ice Magazine and I read an article about the album. It's been a while, but I though it said that they recorded all shows on the Tusk tour to pulled songs for a live album. I haven't seen any evidence of soundboard recording of all shows from the tour, but who knows maybe there are still some in the vault somewhere. Knowing Lindsey he wouldn't want to release an album without some new material. I think that was the industry standard then even though done of those live tracks had been released before. I've tried looking online for that article, but haven't found it yet.

Back then I usually kept up with release dates and bought albums on the date they were released, but it seems that I remember walking into a Record Bar in the mall and saw the Live album already on the shelf. It hadn't been released more than a few days, but I was pleasantly surprised and excitied. Seems like it was around the holidays. The Live album has always been one of my favorites. At that time you had to rely on bootlegs or a few of the radio shows to hear live performances.I think it's perfect exactly the way it is even though people on here tear it apart and complaint about everything.
I was wondering if we had any news or bits about the new songs and sound check etc. Cool that you saw the album days after release. What a rush that must have been!