View Single Post
Old 02-05-2003, 07:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Like you (at least I THINK it was in one of your posts) said in some other post...Jeremy had been saying that having both Peter AND Danny playing rhythm behind him was redundant, but that's exactly what gave Fleetwood Mac "that" sound. So, it really wasn't that Peter wasn't trying to "jump in" on Jeremy's stuff, he was right there driving the rhythms. I think alot of what Peter was talking about was that he'd hear Jeremy just playing this wonderful stuff on piano, but wouldn't bring any of that to the Fleetwood Mac table...or wouldn't play piano behind his tunes (which is why they brought in Ms. Perfect on the few tunes she played on).

Oh, sure...I could've listed ALL of Danny's contributions to Fleetwood Mac (well, except for "When You Say" ) as examples! I just picked out those as examples. He was definitely on a prolific streak there. Even the couple of outtakes I've heard (for example, "Trinity") was equally good as the tunes released.

From the way Mick's bio reads, the health problems led to the final tantrum...it was kind of brewing for some time (from the time Peter left, he claims). From the way Mick tells it, it was the opposite...he was getting more & more insecure, rather than being full of himself.

Plus, from reading the liner notes to the Vaudeville Years collection, Peter & Danny, for all the collaboration they seemed to do, weren't exactly close, either. Just a band of misfits who made good music, it seems.