View Single Post
Old 02-06-2003, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile CM piano on Blue Horizon stuff

Quote:
Originally posted by macfan 57
I also have a question if anyone knows about Christine's piano playing on these early albums. I believe someone mentioned in another post that Jeremy only played on his songs. Did Christine play all of the piano parts on all of Peter Green's songs? I noticed that in the CD booklet for Mr. Wonderful. It says that Jeremy played piano. I know Chris played piano on "Love That Burns". What about "Stop Messin' Around"? Did you she play piano on that song or did Jeremy?
Yes, CM is on SMR. You can hear PG direct her on one of the earlier takes of the song in the "in between song banter" on the "Compete Blue Horizon sessions" box set recordings.

Yeah, since they don't say specifically in the CD/vinyl liner notes I've always just assumed that Chris was doing the piano on PG's songs and JS did the piano on his own songs from MW but I guess we'll never know for sure.

I think it was printed somewhere (but of course, I can't remember where now) that from "Black magic woman" onwards (until PG left and then JS did play on others songs on "Kiln house" etc.) in the studio JS only played on his songs so this is why I have assumed what I have but it's hard to tell if it's the right thing to assume as a fan or not. At least we know JS w/FM LIVE was a different story, playing shakers on "Rattlesnake shake", "Oh well" etc.

John

Last edited by wetcamelfood; 03-12-2003 at 08:12 PM..