View Single Post
Old 01-19-2017, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetwood Jack View Post
So I had a question for all of my ledgies peeps.

What's the big deal about Lindsey Buckingham's comment on her first person to third person lyrics? I thought he put it nice enough.

I'm curious what you guys think of the "Well, you wouldn't say that to Bob Dylan" comment. I thought it was kind of rude since he seemed nice enough, but I'm ready and willing to hear what al you have to say!
As the producer, it's his job to edit and run things by the writer that he might see as a problem. His take was perfectly within the scope of his dutiesl and as a writer himself, he couldn't not bring it up. Changing tenses is up to the writer. But, I think what he was trying to say was," because this song is so literal and not as abstract as a Bob Dylan, you might want to re-think this." (paraphrasing)

He might have just said, "hey you changed tenses are you cool with that?" and it would have been over. But, his approach was maybe a bit too condescending to her ears.

She's not like other people, she do what she want to....