View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 11:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
More info please oh goddess of the Buck Elle
well, i'm still waiting on part 2 of your Tulsa report.

but ok, let me see before my son takes the magazine away from me:

LB's SWS setlist (from NYC last fall, not that it was ever any different during this tour but authors may not know that) is featured in the monthly article called tune-ups -> the setlist

there's a scan of SWS setlist in the middle of the page, with some markings on it that say this:

Lindsey Solo Acoustic
Shut us down - LB
Go insane - LB
Trouble - LB
Never going back - LB
Big love - LB

Ensemble
Under the skin - Taylor capo 3rd
Sorrows - HSS
In our own time - VG 99 capo on 4th
Illumination - HSS
Second hand news - Taylor from g capo 2nd
Tusk - HSS
Stars - Tobaco strat capo 3rd
End of time - G+L 1/2 stepdown
The way love goes - GL 1/2 stepdown
So afraid - HSS
Go your own way - 12 capo 5th

Encore
Turn it on - HSS
Treason - capo 3rd VG99
Seeds - taped over text

there are several boxes with descriptions and arrows towards certain songs in the setlist:

Turner Renaissance box - he says he has many turners - electric and acoustics on the road b/c of different tunings and/or different gauge strings. talks about lowering the key to GYOW but still wanting to play it the same as an example... and also that some gear might go down at some point so need a back up.

SUD box - talking about starting w/ solo acoustic set - like opening for himself.

UTS box - strum-fest w/ 3 guitars and no bass. same with AMS. both presented as folk, not rock, slowly seguing from acoustic to fully rocking set part.

NGBA box - he stretched it out lately, there's more drama. this song was a victim of FM politics - Mick and John insisted to play on it even though it's not that kind of a song - so it suffered. it's a solo piece.

Tusk box - figured by that point audience has been good and listened to some new songs so time to give them what they came for, so grabbing them with SHN first and then go all out raunchy on Tusk.

GYOW box - this has been ending song for both FM and solo, there's really nowhere to go from there but exit the stage.

that's it. not exact words, but close. there's a tiny photo too.