View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
ha, i was thinking of you / anticipating your reply when reading his little write-up about NGBA!

while i agree that faster NGBA is better than slower version, i'm not sure that i understand or necessarily agree with the rest of your write-up. lindsey's solo acoustic part of the SWS tour set was the part that many people who went with me to LB's shows last year liked the most!!btw, did you hear his NGBA from last friday at USC? what did you think about that version?
I agree with you, Elle that in person the acoustic set is stunning! It's what my friends loved too, that had never been to an LB concert. The opening set seems relatively boring on the DVD, but when you're there, and it's louder and you can see him playing, it's something pretty special.

Michelle, it's disappointing to hear that he doesn't like NGBA with John and Mick. The way they did it in 2003 was beautiful. The song shouldn't be so depressing...it should get cockier as it goes along. He was young when he wrote it, and to me, it always had a feel of well, yeah, I was pretty hurt by this, but hey, I'll get over it...there are plenty of other fish in the sea! I feel the same way about the outro to WMYTYTO. I love that part so much, as after Lindsey's all done being angry and hurt, he ends it triumphantly. Throwing his shoulders back, and getting his swagger on