View Single Post
Old 03-30-2015, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
I've always thought that if Rock a little was a different album (with Jimmy Iovine for example), Violet and blue would have been the best choice for the first single.

Other possible tracks, in addition to the ones you have already listed, could have been One More Big Time Rock And Roll Star and Thousand Days.
There is also the possibilty that Greta, Love Is Like A River and Listen To The Rain would have been released on this album instead of Street Angel.
Violet and Blue is such an overlooked song in her catalog. It got a lot of air play on local radio stations in New England.

How can I forget this song: One More Big Time Rock and Roll Star ...just what I need I love the sarcasm of it. It's almost the opposite end of the Byrds song "So You Wanna be a Rock and Roll Star.

There was a very prolific era - as Stevie balanced solo her career with Fleetwood Mac. Almost every year, if it wasn't an album by the band, it was a Stevie album, or a Lindsey album, or a Christine album, or a Mick Fleetwood album. It was great time to be a fan!

Aside from Stevie's albums, there are quite amount of exclusive solo songs that found homes on soundtrack albums and b-sides etc... I love the Enchanted box set because it gathered a lot of those stray tracks. Since then, she has amassed quite a few more, such as At Last and Not Fade Away. It would be nice if all of those songs could be collected and featured on their own, for a double disc compilation. By collecting them on their own exclusive platform, they would gain more recognition (and appreciation) as a significant part of her legacy.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 03-30-2015 at 10:51 PM..