Thread: Silver Heels
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2023, 05:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Heroes is one of my favorite albums. Its almost as good as Mystery To Me. Highest charting Mac album pre-Buck/Nicks. The riffs on Silver Heels lured me in the first time I heard them. The album is an eclectic mix of sounds. Psychedelic, blues, rock, and ballad. Chris has a great opener with the unusual horn mix. We get a very rare angry song from Chris and 2 wonderful ballads. Angel, Bermuda Triangle and Silver Heels are Bob's best songs. But every song is a gem.
Back in 2000 I was on Bob's site and he was talking about how Mick and especially Chris would give him side eye during his speaking times during Bermuda Triangle. Supposedly they hated it. I would have loved to have known Chris's opinion of that.
Heroes was my first pre-Buck/Nicks album that I bought in 1984. Its dear to my heart. It was always my favorite pre-Nicks album. However Mystery To Me has grown even more on me the last 10 years so I go back and forth which is better. The growth both Bob and Chris show on this album shows. Many early Mac albums the albums are good but I tend to always favor Chris songs. Both Mystery and Heroes have such a good mix of both their songs shining. No hits. No singles yet it still hit #34 on Billboard.
Come A Little Bit Closer is perfect in its form on the album. But the song is so good I cant help but to hear Stevie and Lindsey's harmonies on that song. I can only imagine if Chris wanted to re-record the song with them how it would have turned out. Early Fleetwood Mac with backing vocals? Sounds like when Lindsey said: "OMG Fleetwood Mac WITH hits !"

BTW, am I the only that gets similar vibes from Bermuda Triangle and Bad Journey?

Last edited by Macfan4life; 08-04-2023 at 08:16 AM..