View Single Post
Old 01-20-2024, 02:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Oh the days of usenet, bill gamelson craziness, and what about the seven wonders forum drama!!!

Plus you had Maureen hacking CD-Rs of soundboard recordings that *allegedly* came directly from Mick. The Memphis '82 show was a solid $35 plus shipping! Get those money orders at the post office. This was before paypal!

Looking back, I'm impressed by the ecosystem that existed within the fan community. The amount of bootleg/demo trading was pretty darn extensive. There was an entire site dedicated to cataloging all of Stevie's known demos and their lyrics. There were several small businesses that catered to / specialized in Fleetwood Mac memorabilia. I used to get a xerox printed catalog mailed to me from a guy that had promo photos, old backstage passes, posters, lps, 45's...you name it for sale. Before all of that, there were printed fanzines which had mostly gone by the wayside by the time I became a fan in '97.
Indeed, the good old days. Bill Gamelson... what a NUT! Somewhere I've got pics of him skydiving with a Stevie license plate(and several other pics).

This would HAVE to be him now.
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...ibextid=ZbWKwL
Didn't Stevie get a restraining order against him?

And Seven Dunders? I "think" it began after a major Ledge crash....... or was it after the Great Ledge Implosion(super moderator crap) of 2007? Either way, it was an okay backup site for a while(and they actually asked me to be a mod, I declined), until it became a $tevie ONLY worship site. ANY criticism of her goatness, and you were instantly bant.