View Single Post
Old 12-30-2023, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
I started with Heroes are Hard to Find and bought all the Fleetwood Mac albums from current releases to their earliest. That’s how I got into the pre Buckingham Nicks era. I agree that you can really see how Christine’s songs just get better and better over the years.
Heroes is my LEAST favorite. Timing is everything in life. For years, I only had Heroes on vinyl(and I'm not a big vinyl guy), so I never really gave it much of a chance. Mystery To Me SHOULD have been a big hit. It's as good as Rumours. For years, Mystery was my pool album. I'd crank it up every summer afternoon, and swim around listening(I loaded the disc with extras, so I got a full 80 minutes in the pool. Priorities, people........swimming naked, you need extended play!

So I'd say start with Mystery, then Future Games and then Bare Trees. BUT, if the 5 disc set is still available, go for that. I didn't pay much for it, either. I don't remember how much, but I'd say about $25. I got my Mirage boxed set for half price, too. I don't dress up in chiffon, so I can wait a month or two for it to be marked down on some sites.