View Single Post
Old 01-27-2024, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 View Post
I saw this show in Miami. I decided to spurge and did the meet and greet. It was the most money I've spent on a ticket ($300), but I knew that he would be playing some rare songs so I went for it. I aggressively was the first in line for the M&G only to discover that it was better to be at the end of the line because Lindsey hung out and chatted with the remaining fans at the end. I had already met him several times and gotten his autograph and even scored a casual picture with him at a show on the SWS tour, so it wasn't that big of deal that I didn't get to chat with him more.

I was 2nd row center, but there wasn't any seats in front of me, so basically I was front row. I really enjoyed the show and it was great to hear the songs that he hasn't played in a while or it all. I saw him on the OOTC tour, so I got to hear some of those songs live, but it had been many years earlier. Overall, he was good spirits and sounded good. That was the last time I've seen him. I had a chance to see him on the last tour, but COVID was still raging, so I decided not to go. He's getting old and in poor health, so I'm not sure I will see him again even if he does decide to tour again. If the Anthology tour is the last one it sure it was a good one.

As I was going through some files I found some videos that I recorded at the show. The spotlight is bright on his face through most of it, but it still takes me back to that moment. I generally try to be in the moment and enjoy the show, but it nice to have some footage to look back and take me back to that moment in time. I've never shared these before.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Q5?usp=sharing
I was at this show. I was in the front row on the right side of the stage almost in the center. I really loved it. It was incredible to see him pour every ounce of energy into each song. His set was really long too. I got to strum his guitar on GYOW. What a treat! I still have the photo of us together on my computer that I sometimes put on my wallpaper.