View Single Post
Old 01-28-2024, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

For the first few years I never payed attention to the words of Shut Us Down, but it really is Lindsey and Stevie's story as told by Lindsey. He admits to making mistakes, but also calls out Stevie, which I'm sure she was not pleased about. The version on the 2018 tour took on extra potency after finding out that Stevie never wanted to be on stage with him again. He slowed it down so it has that extra emotional edge stemming from the recent events of that year. And the guitar playing is killer on it as well. It's really well done. The same with his version of Soul Drifter on this tour. It takes on a different meaning.

It's great he did Down on Rodeo. I haven't heard him perform that before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
This is the eternal conundrum!

For reasons including those I barely recorded anything from his amazing 2018 Alabama concert but have lived to regret it. His voice was in amazing form, better than in most any other concert recordings I've seen or heard from that tour. I think the acoustics of the lovely old concert hall helped; also he'd had a few days off since his previous show. I remember the standout being Shut Us Down (dedicated to Stevie), which someone thankfully posted on YouTube. Even when he did Down On Rodeo as an encore (specially requested in the meet n greet), I only recorded the opening bars and then turned off the camera to "be in the moment". The moment was nice but I wish I could relive it with a recording.

Thank you for these clips!