View Single Post
Old 09-05-2015, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Tusk 2 or Tango 2? I'm fine with either!
Tusk had more involvement from Stevie and she actually contributed and was present. Tango she was not present. Did not contribute anything (much) and then complained she was not IN the album enough and they had to insert some layered vocals to make it sound like she was IN the band on the songs she was not singing lead on. She was much more present in Behind the Mask.

1. She won't let LB "produce" her songs and mess with them like she let him on Tusk since she hated what he did to her Say You Will songs
2. She won't co-write with LB, even though she cowrote with Dave Stewart
3. She won't give them anything she thinks its good enough for her own albums anymore
4. She doesn't like being in the studio unless she has something to do, yet won't cowrite.
5. If she wants to produce her OWN songs and tell CM and LB exactly how to play on each song like they sound on demos they become less a band and more a backup group on a Stevie solo album. At that point they are not a band, they are just her backup group playing the songs they way the demo was recorded. No interpretation. Take Gypsy as a great example. The Heartbreakers version was pretty damn good. Then LB and CM got a hold of it and make it MAGIC. I don't think that MAGIC can happen unless SN releases a song to them and lets them make it the way they want through their own working it out. She is just being old and crusty about everything these days. I think she needs to take a laxative and just relax a little! Old woman needs to eat her prunes. hehe

I predict this will end up very much like Tango. Another LB/CM albums, with a SN song here and there. They stopped being a productive band (this 5) in 1979. They faked it well enough in 1982. In 1987 they were a duo with guest vocals. in 1997 they were an "oldies group". In 2003 they were basically Buckingham Nicks Version 2.0. Im not sure what they are now other than an oldies group that (before it was dropped) the newest song they played was from 1987, the last single released being Seven Wonders.

I love them, and I am glad I finally got to see the original 5 since i missed them in 1997... but I think they are done. If I set my hopes low and accept they are "done" maybe MAYBE they will surprise me, come up with an amazing album that harkens back to the 70's sound and give me one last great Fleetwood Mac album for the ages. (please please please let it happen!!)