View Single Post
Old 02-05-2003, 07:05 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by chiliD
Peter has said that he was wanting Jeremy to just jump in to contribute to his tunes, but he didn't. Jeremy even admits in his Q&A here, that he was lazy & uninspired to grow. Hence the need to look elsewhere, so in comes Danny K. Personally, I think that was the best move they could've done.

It is kind of a shame that Danny's health took a downward turn, he was just seemingly hitting his stride. Just look at his contributions in a five year span (not a complete list, just my thoughts on his BEST):

Jigsaw Puzzle Blues
One Sunny Day
Without You
Like It This Way
Something Inside Of Me
Although The Sun Is Shining
Station Man
Tell Me All The Things You Do
Woman Of A 1000 Years
Sands Of Time
Child Of Mine
Sunny Side Of Heaven
Dust

Not too shabby...that COULD be a great Fleetwood Mac anthology all on its own.
Oh I could add to your Danny list ChilliD. I like almost everything that Danny did.

Jewel Eyed Judy
Blues with a Feeling
Sometimes
Bare Trees
Coming Your Way

I also think that bringing Danny in was the best thing that they could have done.

I thought that he had kind of gotten full of himself and had thrown a tantrum, and had left the band before any kind of health concerns though.

What you say about Peter and Jeremy kind of condenses what happened. I was trying to bring out points that led up to that.

It's true, Jeremy did not want to learn that stuff and was content with playing the Elmore James and Rock and Roll.

But I think that there was a tug of war going on, and that Peter had things backwards to subconciously prove himself superior. He knew that wasn't Jeremy's forte. He was the accomplished musician and should have jumped in on Jeremy's stuff instead of insisting it be the other way around. If he wanted to do something for the good of the group. It would have been better to strenghen one of Jeremy's tunes, rather than to possibily weaken one of his.

When he did that, he infused psychedelic
with Rock and Roll which was great.

Personalities, that's just how people are.

Doc