View Single Post
Old 06-22-2016, 09:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Thats nice to hear Viv. .Congrats on your kicking the bad habit.I never got into smoking .Thank god.I tried it and did not like it.I tried pot and did not inhale it.Oops Where did I hear that from.LOL...No I tried it and did not care for it.My father quit cold turkey and never looked back this time around 1982 as I remember when FM's Gypsy was on the radio.He was up to 2 1/2 to 3 packs around that time.
Very proud of your dad's accomplishment while he was alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
​Well done Viv! I also had my last cigarette nearly 14 years ago - 1st December 2002. I'd spent months travelling and decided that when I landed back in the UK I would never have another cigarette. I was a social smoker (rather than needing one every day) but just couldn't stop, it took me a couple of years of trying. My grandfather died of lung cancer in his 50's so I knew that I wouldn't be one of the lucky ones if I kept up this habit.
Awesome. Me & you share the same quitting year. I was trying to figure out what smoking had to do with you being a social worker and then I read it again LOL.