Thread: Rumours (band)
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2024, 06:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Question Rumours (band)

Does anyone know how tribute bands work? I know many famous groups have a tribute band out there touring and making money. However the Rumours band seems almost to be a corporation. They are all over the place. There is a Rumours band booked and playing on a big Norwegian Cruise Ship, a Rumours band in the UK, another Rumours band touring the states, etc. Does anyone know how many of them exist? I heard a radio announcement promoting them coming to my town. The announcement said that the band is blessed or sanctioned by Mick Fleetwood. Is Mick making money off all these bands? Are other members of Fleetwood Mac also making money off them?

The Rumours band on the cruise ship does not play various hits from the band. They play the entire Rumours album front to back and insert Silver Springs in the set. I've seen videos of them and they are really good. There are lots of tribute bands but I have never seen so many tribute bands all with the same name. For example there is another Fleetwood Mac tribute band called Tusk. They are also very good. But this Rumours band seems to be a corporation and with Mick's name being thrown around makes me wonder that he is profiting from them. They all have the same name. Does a typical tribute band have to pay the original band?