Thread: Rumours (band)
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2024, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendaze5 View Post
'Rumours of FM' came to my neck of the woods a few years ago.

Tickets - I thought - were pricey for a tribute band (about $50) but I went anyways, and the venue was actually packed.

Yes, definitely endorsed by Mick (there was a welcome video as mentioned) and apart from song performance royalties, I assume he gets a cut of ticket sales - not to mention from merch (yes there was actually a merch booth for a tribute band!), and the 'VIP package'. One can pay to sit in on their rehearsal and do a meet-and-great (yeah really, of a tribute band!)
Dear Lord, Mick is going to start showing up at their meet and greets for money.

The band Tusk appeared at a theater in my home town. I thought the tickets were pricey too $45 for the cheapest seats. The Rumours band is probably officially licensed by Mick. Its really probably making some good money for him since I doubt Stevie or Lindsey really care about petty cash a cover band makes performing their songs. In some weird way since Mick was not a writer of these songs he would make the least or none at all. Hes fortunate enough that he is broke as hell and the 2 surviving writers in the band dont give AF about small change.
Gosh would you not want to know what percentage he gets. Lindsey and Stevie should join together and sue Mick for the proceeds. But maybe they do get something? Is Tusk a rogue cover band or do they also have to pay to perform Mac songs?
I demand answers!